There are many factors to consider when you are preparing for your move and we hope these tips will serve as a guide along the way.
- Ensure that you declare a value of your goods for insurance coverage, otherwise your furniture will be released at 60 cents per pound per article.
- Ensure your mover has the proper licensing and insurance coverage to preform your long distance move.
- In selecting a mover, ensure your estimate is firm or guaranteed. Beware of “subject to increase” clauses or hidden charges. Ensure that you understand all the terms and conditions of your mover’s contract.
- Make your moving arrangements as far ahead of your moving date as possible.
- Utilize Mountaineer’s Notification Check List to assist you in your moving arrangements.